THE VANISHED VLTAVA ISLAND AT KLÁROV

In the Middle Ages, there was an area adjacent to the fortified Lesser Town settlement below Prague Castle which was referred to as At the Sands because of the sandy silts accumulated during floods. The written records of the second half of the 13th…

KOTLÁŘOVSKÝ HOUSE WITH THE JUDITH BRIDGE REMAINS

Remains of the Romanesque Bridge and Paving

The location of the house and its closest vicinity is associated with Judith Bridge – a prominent building technology monument which has not survived. Vladislaus II, Duke and later King of Bohemia, and his wife Judith of Thuringia initiated…

CONVENT OF THE ORDER OF SAINT MARY MAGDALENE AND CHURCH OF SAINT MARY MAGDALENE

Discovery and Presentation of the Vanished Medieval Church

The Convent of the Order of Saint Mary Magdalene in the Lesser Town is one of the religious institutions that disappeared during the Middle Ages. The existence of the monastic community in the Lesser Town dates from 1315–1320. Archaeological…